Tuesday, February 15, 2011

7 FACTS ABOUT ME!

I received the 7 Facts Blog Award from Shelli over at Everyday Everharts!
All I have to do is list 7 things about myself and then award it to 2 other bloggers of my choice!

1. I married my Best Friend Eric in March of 2009 and shortly after we had our son Grayson in July 2009.  If are doing the math, yes I was pregnant (very pregnant) before and during our wedding.  I know some people may "frown" upon that but I believe everything happens for a reason and we were blessed from the moment we found out about Grayson!  If Grayson didn't come into the world when he did then Eric's father, who was diagnosed with MS in 2009 and past away in 2010, would have never had the opportunity to meet Grayson and Grayson would have never had the chance to meet his Grandpa Mickey. 

2. I work full time at a Law Firm in Downtown Winston (Crumpler Freedman Parker & Witt).  I am a Legal Assistant to a criminal attorney Jones Byrd, Jr.  As much as I would absolutely LOVE to stay at home with Grayson, I know it is best for mommy to go to work and Grayson to go to school/daycare.  Eric drops him off in the mornings (because I hate leaving him even though he loves it there) and I pick him up because he gets to excited to see me and I love when he comes running up to me shouting MOMMY with his arms wide open.  He loves his friends at school but he really loves his mommy and daddy!

3. I moved to North Carolina from a tiny little town in Ohio right on Lake Erie about 11 years ago.  I miss my family like crazy but living 6 hours away really makes you appreciate your family more.  My sisters are my best friends and I don't know what I would do without all the CRAZY advice they have given me throughout the years.

4. I really want to go sky diving and on a hot air balloon ride!!!

5.  I am never ever on time, especially in the mornings. It never fails I am always the last one walking into work in the mornings.  I hate being late and feeling rushed but I don't know how to change it.  I set my alarm and clocks fast but it doesn't help.  It frustrates Eric to no end but he has learned to tell me to be ready 30 minuets before we really have to leave. HA!

6. I could live off of ice cream and sweets (or really any food) which is why I am not back in pre-pregnancy clothes.  When Eric and I travel to Ohio or on vacation he makes fun of my sister and I because we plan our days around FOOD and what restaurant we want to eat at next.

7. I have a really bad habit of tossing things in the trash when I can't find a place for it at that current moment.  Just like a typical women, after a month goes by I realize I need or want what I tossed out and have to go buy it (which would go hand in hand with my need to just buy things!) I am thankful for Eric's mom who takes the things she sees me toss out and keeps them for me (without me knowing) and gives them back to me when she hears me mention I want them again! For example, when Eric and I first moved in together I tossed out ALL of my stuffed animals (big and little) and then when Grayson was born she brought out some toys she had stored away for him, and here she came with some of my stuffed animals that I LOVED!


There you have it, 7 random facts about me.  Some of them are not important but I listed the first 7 that came to mind.  Listing 7 facts sound easy, but when you actually have to do it, it is kind of hard to pick what you want to list about yourself.

I am going to pass the award off to Erica at A Journey Through Mommyhood and Jessica from Blue Eyed Metephor!


1 comment: