Monday, February 28, 2011

SURPRISE!

Eric turned the BIG 3-0 on February 18th so I decided to get friends and family together last weekend and do a SURPRISE party for him!!  I think this was my first and possibly my last SURPRISE party that I am going to do.  It is so hard to keep a secret!!

I was terrible and didn't take many pictures but Eric had so much fun!!  How did I keep him out of the house?  My dad came into town from Ohio and his birthday was February 16th so Eric though that my sisters and I were going to surprise him and cook a big dinner.  Keep in mind that my oldest sister lives in Ohio, my middle sister lives in Virginia, and I am here in North Carolina so it isn't very often that all the girls are in the same place which makes it special for my parents when we are! Eric though he was keeping my dad out of the house until dinner time, but really my dad was keeping Eric out of the house, HA!  When Eric pulled in the drive way I knew he would know something was going on by all the cars but he would still be surprised! I had all the lights off except the porch light and Grayson was standing there with a huge bundle of number 30 balloons and he was just shouting DADDY!  Eric said he wished he had a camera because Grayson standing there was definitely a moment he wished he had a picture of.  I was so busy turning off the lights and getting all the food ready I didn't get a picture.

As for Eric's cake...well, Eric and I are not "cake people" I know we are weird, but we love box cakes (like vanilla with chocolate frosting, yummy!) I have been asking Eric what kind of cake he wanted and he mentioned German Chocolate and Red Velvet.  Those are the only two cakes I have ever seen him eat besides are wonderful wedding cake.  Why not make all THREE!! 

My mom and I (mainly me) had this brilliant idea that we would just make his cake.  We made a small German Chocolate cake for him to cut into and since not many people like that flavor we made red velvet and the traditional vanilla and chocolate cupcakes.

As soon as we started frosting it the cake started to fall apart!! it was two layers and the it started to tilt to the side...oh it was a mess!  My mom and I were so frustrated we were about to toss it in the trash but thank goodness for Eric's mom.  She convinced us that even though it wasn't the prettiest cake it still would taste good!!  We laughed about that cake all night long!!

Grayson had a ball opening Eric's presents. 
He loved the cards that played music!!
We were pretty sad to see Papa go on Sunday because he spent most of his time with the Eric on Saturday keeping him out of the house. 

But I am pretty sure Grayson wore him out and he was ready to get home HA!
(This was them Sunday morning watching cartoons)

Some other birthday wishes for this month:

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT LINDSAY (GIRL)!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THAYNE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment