Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday, and Shopping

Yesterday (February 5th) was my actually birthday but I tend to drag my birthday out to a week/month long celebration.  It just gives me a good excuse to eat lots of good cakes and cupcakes!  Plus, I know one day I wont want to celebrate my birthday so I figure I should make the most of it now.

On Friday I started with my annual birthday celebration at work.  Not many work places celebrate birthdays but at my work place we go ALL out.  I came in Friday morning to a fully decorated office and everyone shouting HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Before lunch we always open presents, yes presents.  Before your birthday we always get an e-mail asking where we want gift cards from, where we want to eat lunch, do we want a plant or flowers, and what kind of cake we want.  I just love birthdays at work!  I picked Target gift cards because I can always find awesome stuff at Target.  We ate at Firbirds, I just love their Salmon.  I chose a plant because it lasts longer then flowers, well it is supposed to but I tend to kill mine, HA! Last but not least, I picked an ice cream cake.  I normally get a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, but I knew Eric was taking me to the Cheesecake factory Saturday night so I didn't want two cheesecakes.  So, needless to say, I racked up on some Target gift cards, ate a yummy lunch and cake, and got a plant that hopefully I can keep alive.

(Sorry I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures at work!)

Saturday Grayson let me sleep in until 8:00 a.m. instead of the normal 7:00-7:30 a.m. which was nice.  Eric got up with Grayson and did the normal morning routine while he let me lay in bed a little while longer. I mainly just answered birthday text messages and birthday phone calls.  Then I was greeted with a BIG, "HI MOMMY" and birthday presents in bed.  I think I liked the "HI MOMMY" better then the gifts but don't tell Eric that! 
Eric went and picked Grayson up early from school/daycare one day and took him to make this for me!!  I can't believe the two of them painted this all by themselves! They also got me a great gift card to The Loft, I love that store!

So Saturday night Eric and I went to dinner with my parents to the Cheesecake Factory.  I love cheesecake and I have always wanted to eat there so I thought why not for my birthday.  It's about an hour drive and they do not take reservations so we were taking a risk! For a place that doesn't take reservations we thought it couldn't be all that bad, boy were we wrong!  We had to wait in line just for the hostess to tell us it would be about  2 hours and we couldn't even get the buzzer for another hour and to come back! I think I should mention that I was starving because I hardly ate anything during the day to save lots of room for the good food and cheesecake! Luckily, the Cheesecake Factory is attached to one of the best malls in North Carolina (they even have valet to park your car), so what were we to do while we waited on a table for 2 hours...SHOP! My Step Dad and Eric were so excited about that! NOT!  As soon as we walked in the mall I saw a booth for Crocs and Grayson had outgrew his first pair and I knew he needed another pair for this summer so we got him some.  Can you tell who picked them out?

Camo Crocs and NC State inserts to go in them

After that, the guys decided to go find a sports bar and watch some sports while we shopped.  My mom and I found a really cute outfit and hat for Grayson at the Baby Gap.


So after a 2 hour wait, some shopping, and a few drinks, we finally got our table at the Cheesecake Factory and it was worth the wait! The service, food, drinks, and cheesecake were WONDERFUL!

Here's a picture of my yummy Oreo Cheesecake! It was as good as it looks! 

This was the best I could get of Grayson in his new Crocs!


HAPPY 24TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Cheesecake factory and Southpark Mall!! I used to go there all the time when I went to Charlotte! That plate is SO cute!! Those are the best kind of gifts!! Looks like you had a great bday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the birthday plate! sounds like u had a great birhtday!

    ReplyDelete