Monday, March 21, 2011

Mini Mountain Getaway!

Eric and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary (March 14th) by taking a little mini getaway this weekend to Gaitlinburg, Tennessee.  I had never been there before and it has always been on my list of places I wanted to visit (within driving distance).  It made it even more fun because there are not many places Eric hasn't been and this was one of them!

The weather was supposed to be absolutely beautiful this weekend so I was so excited to just get out and get some fresh air and take in the sites.  Well, we woke up to a cloudy, gloomy Sunday so we decided to to take in some indoor sites and started at the Ripley's Aquarium. 


I just thought this was the coolest looking thing.  It is a Sea Dragon!
These fine looking fish were swimming right about our head! SCARY!
This cute little thing was waddling all around.  If you made reservation in advance you could actually go in a room and play with the penguins.  How cool would that be?!


We also took in a little 3D adventure!

What would Gatlinburg be like without the traditional Sky Lift Ride?  Everyone I talk to that has been to Gatlinburg had their picture taken

I'm not going to lie I was a little scared at first...can you tell I was hanging on for dear life!


What a BEAUTIFUL view!
On our way out on Sunday we decided to take a little drive through the Mountains and we found this little village of house that were built a long time ago.  I had to take a picture because there was this cute little family having a picnic out there.  I wish we would have thought of that!
We saw some of the coolest waterfalls!
Eric just being Eric.....




Where's Eric?

Overall, it was a great mini getaway we both really needed it!  We sure did miss our little guy though! I know we just drove Eric's mom crazy calling every other hour!  We knew he was having a great mini vacation with Granny too! I think he grew 10 inches while we were gone and learned a hundred new words.

We were so excited to see the little guy when we got home and it made it even more special that he was squeeling and yelling our names with excitment when he saw us.  Eric and I just couldn't wait to get our hands on him!

I think we were home for about an hour and then this happened...
 The pictures don't look as bad as what it does in person!

(Please excuse the mouth full of bananas, he was having his bedtime snack) 
 I think he might have a nice little black eye this morning too!

I wont go into a ton of details or point any fingers (daddy, daddy, daddy) but Eric and I were sitting on the floor playing with him before bathtime.  I was playing with a balloon with him and when he would go to grab it I would snatch it up before he could get.  He was laughing so hard I thought he wouldn't be able to catch his breath.  Not pointing fingers or anything but....Eric thought he would pull one over on both Grayson and I and snatch it from me and him.  When TWO hands are going towards ONE balloon towards ONE little boys face this is what happens!  Eric's hand struck my hand instead of the balloon and my thumb nail went right into his face! AHH! Can you see how close it was to his eye!! I think Eric and I could have both sat there and cried! We felt terrible!! Of course, as the mom in me, say good thing picture day was last week!

Eric keeps telling me to get use to stuff like this since he is a boy but it's going to take me a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment