Friday, March 11, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Kids Birthday Parties

Every Friday at Kelly's Korner she does a post called Show Us You Life with different topics.  This week the topic is kids birthday parties so I just love reading her blog and I thought I would participate this week!

For Grayson's first birthday we did a "fishing/goldfish" themed party.  For those of you who already know us, know that Eric a big time fisherman who hopes that one day Grayson will follow in his foots steps like he did with his father.

I had so much fun planning (with a ton of help from friends and family) Grayson's 1st Birthday.  We had a close friend, who is also a photographer, take pictures at his party and we have a ton so I will try to cut it down to a few (but that is going to be hard).

Grayson's 1st Birthday is almost here
He's really excited to show you his fishing gear.
We hope you get this invitation and take the bait
Don't forget to mark it on your calendar and save the date!

If you can't make it catch my mom at (and your number).

For favors, I decided to give the kids real gold fish (like at the fair). Your welcome mommy and daddy's HA!
I attached a little baggie of fish food with a little note that said "catch of the day".  They were so cute! 
Poor little fish!

This is on our deck looking over the tables
All the tables has fish place mats along with little bowls of cheese gold fish.
For centerpieces I did a gold fish bowl with live goldfish and cute little gerber daisies on top
Gummy worms (for fish bait), sweetish fish, smores goldfish crackers, and pretzel goldfish crackers
(who knew there were SO MANY goldfish flavors!!)
My mom and her good friend's son Corbin worked really hard on this watermelon.  We saw a picture online and thought this would be so cool.  Easier said then done!!  It turned out really cute though!

CAKE TIME!
I'm not a crafty person but I made these cute cupcake picks for the cupcakes.
One of my friends from High School recently took an interest in making/decorating cakes and I saw some of her work on Facebook and asked her if she would be interested in making a smash cake for Grayson.  She gladly accepted and it turned out so cute!
This was my biggest fear! I was so scared he would "melt down" when it was time for his cake and he did!!
PLAN B:
We decided to give him a cupcake and as you can see it was a big hit!

We decorated his new playhouse my dad built for Grayson and put a big red bow on it since it was his gift from my dad (papa).
I just thought these pictures were so cute of Grayson looking out the window at all his decorations outside!

PRESENTS!
Words cannot even explain how many presents his got! We are so thankful for each and every one of the gifts and now Eric's office is not only a work space but a play room!
It was miserably hot that day in July and I felt so bad for the guest because so many people were going in and out of the house that not even the inside of the house was cool. 
This little guy got so hot he decided to take off his clothes and hang out in his diaper.
(Sweet baby Quinn)

These are just a FEW of the pictures from his 1st birthday and I have a ton more! I just loved it. Yes, I wish the weather was cooler, yes I wish I would have taken a second to actually step back and look at all the kids playing and having fun, but in the end it was all worth it and I have all these wonderful pictures to look at.

I can't believe that in 4 short months we will be having his 2nd birthday!

4 comments:

  1. You did a remarkable job, Jessica! Wow, so inspiring..I think I will use your creativity for my son's 1st party..hmm, what theme should I go with?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your watermelon fish! :) So cute! I became a follower of your blog!

    Erin

    www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool; these are really creative ideas... I was thinking that; when I would have a son; I'd create him; a really cool; badass treehouse in the backyard...so the playhouse idea in the backyard is cool...although I have no kids yet....

    You're a cute family though....

    ReplyDelete